Friday, November 4, 2011

The Importance of Watermarking Photos

This weekend I was going to try to finish up some projects and update the blog with crafty goodness. BUT I read House of Hepworths blog post from Monday about why she puts her logo on all her photos (read about it here). She is a fantastic blogger and I love reading about what she has been up to and all the insanely creative ideas she has.

Reading that post I have decided that I need to go through my blog and replace ALL the pictures I have with adjusted ones. I just figured out how to do this with my PhotoShop, but it is still taking some time, so bear with me as photos disappear and reappear. With the increasing craze over Pinterest, it's easy for someone to "pin" an image and not give credit to the original source (ie Googling a picture and giving Google as the source for the picture). If you're on Pinterest, and know how it works, please take the time to giving credit where credit is due and linking your pins to the original source.

Other than all this, I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I will be going up to Fresno with my Aunt Chrissy to visit my cousin TC in the hospital. For those of you who don't know me personally, he was in a really bad accident last weekend and was airlifted to two different hospitals (finally ending up in Fresno). I can't really share with you the extents of his injuries though. He has been in-and-out of surgeries, under a medically induced coma to help with pain, and has finally gotten his intubation tube out I believe. He will have to learn to walk again, but all signs point to the fact that he will be fine and with extensive physical therapy will be back to normal. I love my cousin (he's 22), but once he starts feeling better and can get around well, I'm kicking his butt for scaring the crud out of me and being stupid. Just like we were kids.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I inspired you! Be forewarned though, if you remove your old pics and upload new ones with your logo, anyone who has posted that photo on their blog (probably as a feature) will now have a big X where the photo should be. When you upload the new image it will have a new URL.

    If I were you, I'd still replace all the old photos with the new ones, but don't delete the old photos off the internet. Leave them wherever they are being hosted. That way if people have used your old photos they will still see them. Also, if anyone has pinned your old photo you don't want their pin to be deleted, so just keep those old ones hosted.

    I have been slowly replacing the old photos on my blog with new ones, but my stuff gets featured a lot and I'd hate for all those old projects to all of a sudden disappear off everyone else's blog and pinterest.

    GL!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from my readers!